5 Questions You Might Have During Tax Amnesty 2015
September 2, 2015
Tax Amnesty 2015 is just around the corner! Tax Amnesty 2015 is an opportunity for individuals and businesses to pay past-due taxes free of penalty, interest, and collection fees.
During Tax Amnesty 2015, you might start asking yourself a lot of questions. The Indiana Department of Revenue has put together a list of answers to important question you might have during Tax Amnesty 2015.
Who is eligible for Tax Amnesty 2015?
- Individuals and businesses who owe taxes for periods ending prior to January 1, 2013
- Taxpayers who failed to file or underreported for periods ending prior to January 1, 2013
All eligible taxpayers should receive a letter in the mail in late August or early September announcing their eligibility. If you think you are eligible, whether or not you received a letter, you should contact the DOR.
Who is not eligible for Tax Amnesty 2015?
- Taxpayers who participated in Indiana’s 2005 tax amnesty program
- Taxpayers who participated in Indiana’s horse claiming tax amnesty program
- Liabilities from January 1, 2013 to present
What will happen if I’m eligible but don’t participate in Tax Amnesty 2015?
If you are eligible but do not participate in Tax Amnesty 2015, the penalties on your existing liabilities will be doubled at the end of Tax Amnesty 2015. Taxpayers who are eligible to participate, but not required to do so because their account is on hold, will not be subject to double penalty if they do not participate in Tax Amnesty 2015. If you have questions about your specific account, visit taxamnesty.in.gov or call the department toll free at 1-844-TAXES-IN (1-844-829-3746).
How can I participate in Tax Amnesty 2015?
If you receive a letter with an attached payment coupon in the mail, you can return the completed coupon along with the full amount due. In addition, there are many options you can choose from to pay in full or set up a payment plan. You can:
- Visit taxamnesty.in.gov
- Call 1-844-TAXES-IN (1-844-829-3746)
- Visit any of the department’s 12 district office locations
I still have some questions about Tax Amnesty 2015. What should I do now?
We are here to help you! The department is offering free, 60-minute Tax Amnesty 2015 presentations to ensure taxpayers are getting all the information they need about Tax Amnesty 2015. To find a presentation near you, visit taxamnesty.in.gov/5382.htm.
Additional FAQs can be found on the website at taxamnesty.in.gov. You also can call us at 1-844-TAXES-IN (1-844-829-3746).
Be sure to stay up-to-date with any announcements by visiting our website and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t be afraid to contact the department at email@example.com with any Tax Amnesty 2015 related questions!
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017