Tax Amnesty 2015 Coming This Fall
July 22, 2015
The Indiana Department of Revenue will conduct Tax Amnesty 2015 from Sept. 15, 2015 through Nov. 16, 2015.
Tax Amnesty 2015 is a limited-time opportunity for both individuals and businesses to pay past-due taxes free of penalty, interest, and collection fees. Existing tax liabilities, for all tax types managed by the department, for periods ending prior to Jan. 1, 2013, are eligible to participate in Tax Amnesty 2015.
In return for the full payment of the base tax, the state will:
- Waive penalties, interest, and collection fees for eligible liabilities;
- Release tax liens that have been imposed on existing liabilities; and
- Not seek civil or criminal prosecution against any individual or entity.
Indiana’s first tax amnesty program was conducted in 2005. Taxpayers who participated in the 2005 amnesty program are not eligible to participate in Tax Amnesty 2015.
Of the outstanding taxes collected, the first $84 million will fund the Indiana Regional Cities Development Fund. The next $6 million will be allocated to the Indiana Department of Transportation to support the operation of the Hoosier State Rail Line. Remaining taxes collected will be deposited into the state general fund.
Tax Amnesty 2015 is authorized by the biennial budget in House Enrolled Act 1001, which was signed into law by Governor Mike Pence in May 2015.
Additional program details, including a list of eligible tax types, can be found at www.taxamnesty.in.gov.
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
The gig economy is booming. Many Hoosiers are among the 20.5 million people involved in direct selling in the United States. Read more...
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017