Start Strong with the Indiana Department of Revenue
May 27, 2015
New and small business owners, entrepreneurs, and community leaders have the vision, tenacity, and dedication that drive Indiana’s economy and pave each community’s future. They are the revenue-generators, innovators, and the core of business in the Hoosier state.
But most new and small business owners set up shop because of a passion for their industry, not because of a passion for filing and paying taxes. When new and small businesses have difficulty with taxes, it is often due to not understanding Indiana regulations regarding filing and paying taxes.
To address this issue, the Indiana Department of Revenue created a Business Education Outreach Program to help ensure success for the 250,000 businesses owned by hardworking Hoosiers.
The Business Education Outreach Program offers free business tax presentations to Hoosier organizations and the public. The presentations discuss pertinent tax information for new and small businesses, and attendees have the opportunity to have questions answered by department experts.
The following presentations are currently available in English and Spanish, but the department will create custom presentations based on your needs.
- Start Strong: Indiana Business Taxes for New and Small Businesses
- Business Tax: Common Errors
- Hotel Transactions
- Convenience Store Tax Requirements
- Car Dealership Tax Requirements
If you or your organization is interested in hosting a seminar or having a representative speak to your members, please contact Katie McLear at 317-234-8587.
For a list of scheduled presentations, visit www.in.gov/dor/5176.htm.
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017