Time is Running Out - File for Free!
March 18, 2015
The April 15 deadline to file your taxes is fast approaching. If you’ve waited to file, there’s no need to panic. The Department of Revenue offers a number of resources to help Hoosier taxpayers breathe a sigh of relief this tax season.
In fact, nearly two million Hoosier taxpayers qualify to file their federal AND state taxes online for free with Indiana freefile (INfreefile). If your adjusted gross income (AGI) was $60,000 or less in 2014, you may qualify.
Over 80 percent of Hoosier taxpayers file electronically, and for good reason. Benefits of filing your tax return electronically include:
- Faster refunds – electronic returns are processed in 10-14 days, whereas paper returns take 12 weeks to process
- Get more or owe less – sophisticated question-and-answer style tax filing software may suggest credits or deductions you don’t know about
- More secure – fewer people handle electronically-processed returns
- Better accuracy – electronic returns have a two percent error rate, compared to a 20 percent error rate for paper returns
Click here to compare INfreefile vendor offers and get started on your tax return today!
If you have questions about your tax return, please contact the department at 317-232-2240 or email email@example.com. If you have a question specific to INfreefile, please email FreeFile@dor.in.gov.
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017