Identity Protection Resources
March 6, 2015
Identity theft can be scary, but with resources in hand, taxpayers actively can protect themselves. Here are three important websites for identity protection:
- Indiana Attorney General’s ID Theft Prevention Toolkit – This secure portal is supported by the Office of the Indiana Attorney General. It’s an invaluable one-stop-shop for identity protection, including features such as:
- Create a cheat sheet to access all your financial account information in one safe place.
- Access your free annual credit reports and monitor your credit activity.
- Place a free credit freeze to block identity thieves from accessing your credit.
- Alert credit reporting companies of fraudulent account activity in your name.
- Indiana Department of Revenue Stop ID Theft website – Learn more about the department’s identity protection program. Our website explains signs you might be a victim, provides identity protection tips, and lists additional resources. It also hosts a tax fraud reporting form.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) identity protection website – The IRS’s identity protection website provides extensive identity protection information and tips. This website is for both individuals and businesses. Check it out to learn how the IRS combats identity theft, read the Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft and find resources for tax practitioners.
Remember, the department also has increased security features to protect taxpayer identities. To learn more, read the first two parts in this identity protection series:
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017