File for Free with INfreefile
Jan. 28, 2015 - TaxTalk Blog
Tax season is in full swing! This year, consider using Indiana freefile (INfreefile) to file your federal and state income taxes online for free.
Taxpayers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $60,000 or less could qualify for this convenient and free program.
Last year, more than 119,000 taxpayers used INfreefile to file their Indiana taxes. However, an estimated 2 million Hoosier taxpayers qualify to file their taxes for free through INfreefile.
How can you get started?
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to compare vendor options and see if you qualify.
- If you qualify, click the vendor of your choice.
- Complete your tax return online.
Really, it’s that easy! But INfreefile offers other benefits too, including:
- Faster refunds – e-filed returns are processed in 10 to 14 days, while a paper return can take up to 12 weeks.
- More secure – fewer people see your personal information.
- Get more or pay less – e-filing software may suggest credits or deductions you might not have known about.
- More accurate – e-filed returns have a two percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns.
Start your tax return today at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
Are you on social media? We are too! Read more...
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017