Department Offers New and Small Business Tax Handbook
Sept. 30, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
Starting and succeeding in a new or small business is both a dream for many people and a challenge for all. And understanding taxes is often one of the biggest challenges.
The Indiana Department of Revenue wants you to succeed in your business – because its people like you who bring jobs, innovation, and progress to our state. To help you along your journey to becoming a business owner, the department recently published the Indiana Tax Handbook for New and Small Business Owners.
The handbook explains the basics of starting a business and filing and paying taxes in Indiana. It will help Hoosiers who are thinking of starting a business, and who have recently opened a business, better understand their Indiana business tax obligations.
The Indiana Tax Handbook for New and Small Business Owners walks readers through:
- Selecting a business structure.
- Selecting a business name.
- Registering with the Indiana Secretary of State.
- Determining which taxes to pay at the state and federal levels.
- Registering with the IRS.
- Registering with the Indiana Department of Revenue.
Additionally, it discusses the following tax types, including how to register, file, and pay:
- Personal income tax
- Business income tax
- Income tax withholding
- Nonresident shareholder withholding
- Sales tax
- Use tax
- Food and beverage tax
- Motor vehicle tax
- County innkeeper’s tax
- Special taxes
- Other fees
Your dreams are waiting. Download the handbook today!
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017