Got a Tax Bill?
June 19, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
Approximately 3.1 million individual income tax returns are filed with Indiana every year. About 98 percent of Hoosiers pay their tax bills in full by the time they file, but that leaves 2 percent of taxpayers who do not. The department began issuing tax bills to the remaining 2 percent this week.
If your bill arrives and you are unable to pay the full amount due, you might be eligible for a payment plan.
Some things to know:
- Your bill has to be $100 or more (if you owe less than $100, call 317-232-2165 to see if you qualify for a special-case payment arrangement).
- You must pay 20 percent down.
- You can take up to 12 months to pay (if you owe more than $500, you can extend that to 24 months).
- Penalty and interest charges still apply.
To learn more about whether you are eligible for a payment plan or to pay your bill, please visit www.intaxpay.in.gov.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
August is back to school time for Hoosier students across the state. Although homeschoolers in Indiana are not required to follow a traditional school calendar, now is a good time to remind homeschool families about the state's homeschool tax deduction. Read more...
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017
As summer draws to a close, it means the Indiana State Fair is in full-swing! The Indiana State Fair as been a staple of the Indiana economy for nearly 165 years. Read more...
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017
- Filing Past Year Tax Returns
July 27, 2017
- Reading Your Tax Bill
July 05, 2017
- Fireworks Public Safety Fee in Indiana
June 21, 2017
- Join Us for the Annual Public Hearing
June 07, 2017