2014 Tax Season Offers Free, Online Federal and State Tax Filing
Jan. 31, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
Tax season officially begins today! While weighing your tax filing options, consider the department’s free and easy filing service called Indiana free file (INfreefile).
Starting today Jan. 31, the department again offers INfreefile for qualified taxpayers to file both their federal AND state taxes online, for free. Taxpayers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $58,000 or less will qualify for this convenient program.
Last year, more than 119,000 taxpayers used INfreefile to file their Indiana taxes. However, nearly 1 million Hoosier taxpayers qualify to file taxes for free through INfreefile.
So, how can you use INfreefile this tax season?
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to see if you qualify for INfreefile based on the vendors’ options.
- If qualified, click the vendor of your choice.
- Complete the tax return online.
Really, it’s that easy. And if a free and easy tax season doesn’t sway your filing decision, consider the other benefits of INfreefile:
- Faster refunds—e-filers receive their refunds much faster, in 10 to 14 days. Paper filing can take 10 to 12 weeks.
- Get more or owe less— e-filing software may suggest credits and deductions you might not have known about.
- Better accuracy— electronic returns have a 2 percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns.
- Electronic banking—INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of tax owed.
- Efficient—taxpayers can file federal AND state returns together.
- Convenient —INfreefile is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Start your tax return today at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017