New Business INtax Requirement
Beginning Jan. 1, 2010, new businesses that register with the Indiana Department of Revenue to collect sales and withholding taxes are required to file using INtax, per legislation (IC 6-2.5-6-1 and IC 6-3-4-8.1).
Businesses can get started with INtax at www.intax.in.gov
Many taxpayers currently using INtax are extremely satisfied with this online tool. In fact, 93 percent of INtax users recently surveyed said they were satisfied and would recommend INtax to others. And, they all liked the fact that it’s free.
Here are just a few of the things a business can do using INtax:
- Correspond with the Department of Revenue online through a confidential secure inbox.
- Register a new (or additional) business.
- Schedule payments for future due dates of taxes.
- Use multiple payment options such as electronic check, electronic funds transfer (EFT) and credit cards.
- View their Department of Revenue account balances at any time.
Taxpayers who have specific INtax registration and account questions can call (317) 233-8729.
For more information about state business taxes, including sales and withholding, be sure to visit the Department’s New and Small Business Education Center at www.smallbiz.in.gov