State and Local Withholding Reports (WH-1)
For instructions to file your WH-1 forms in multiples (or bulk) using the Indiana Department of Revenue new file-upload method (using XML format), please click on one of the links below:
- State and Local Withholding Reports WH-1 Booklet XML Format (update coming soon)
- State and Local Withholding Reports WH-3 Booklet XML Format (update coming soon)
- XML Schema Definition File
New Withholding Schema (WH-1 and WH-3)
The DOR has a new withholding XML schema to service WH-1 and WH-3 filings.
Effective January 1, 2017, this schema must be used for all filing years.
ERF is unavailable from December 31, 2016 at noon to January 1, 2017 at noon. The old schema may be used to submit WH-1 and WH-3 filings until 11:45 a.m. on December 31, 2016.
Effective January 1, 2017, this schema must be used for all filing years. All vendors must be recertified to establish successful use of the new schema. Recertification opens on July 1, 2016 and must be completed by October 15, 2016.
- New Withholding Schema: IDORWTH2016 (zipped file)
- Change Log
- WH-1 Business Rules - Updated January 11, 2017
- WH-3 Business Rules - Updated January 11, 2017