Archived Articles - Tax Talk Blog
- 23 - Back to School Credits and Deductions
- 16 - Tax Help for Homeschoolers
- 09 - The Indiana State Fair is in Full-Swing!
- 02 - What Do Our District Offices Do?
- 31 - Estimated Tax Series Part 3: How to Pay Estimated Taxes
- 24 - How to Open and Close a Business
- 17 - Estimated Tax Series Part 2: How to Estimate Payments
- 10 - Free Tax Presentations Available
- 03 - Estimated Tax Series Part 1: What are Estimated Taxes?
- 26 - Preparing for Next Tax Season
- 20 - I Missed the Deadline! Now What?
- 12 - Last Chance to File for Free This Year!
- 05 - How to File for an Extension or Amended Return
- 29 - Tax Season by the Numbers
- 27 - What to do when Taxes are Due
- 22 - Avoid Common Tax Mistakes
- 20 - Free Tax Assistance
- 15 - Where's My Refund?
- 08 - Protect Your Child's Identity
- 06 - Five Questions to Ask Your Tax Preparer
- 01 - Tips for Filing Your State Tax Return
- 27 - How to Contact the Department of Revenue
- 22 - Tax Time: Indiana Taxpayers Survival Guide
- 20 - Happy Birthday DOR - You don't look a day over 70!
- 15 - Helpful Tips to Protect Your Identity
- 13 - Resources for Tax Preparers and Volunteers
- 08 - Learn More about INfreefile Vendors
- 06 - Commonly Claimed Deductions and Credits
- 01 - Top Tips for First Time Filers
- 30 - File Your Taxes for Free!
- 25 - Identity Protection Program Overview
- 18 - Tax Season Checklist
- 11 - January Issue of Tax Dispatch Now Available
- 04 - Tax Season Opening Soon
- 28 - DORpay Payment Portal Coming Soon for Estimated Payments
- 21 - 2016 Indiana Individual and Corporate Income Tax Forms Online
- 19 - Individual Income Tax Rate Changes Announced for 2017
- 14 - Indianapolis Walk-in Center Updates
- 07 - IT-40EZ Discontinued
- 30 - New Issue of BizTax Now Available
- 23 - Black Friday and Cyber Monday Tax Tips
- 16 - Sales Tax Exepmtions for Nonprofits
- 09 - What does the Taxpayer Advocate Office do?!
- 02 - Communication, Technology, and the Department
- 26 - Trick or Treat, Sales Tax, and Candy
- 19 - What does the Enforcement Division do?
- 12 - Check out the Bicentennial Marketplace!
- 05 - 2016 Annual Report Published
- 28 - Results are in - Tax Amnesty 2015 Final Report Now Available
- 21 - Convenience Stores and Indiana Taxes Webinar Now Available
- 19 - Food and Beverage Tax History
- 14 - Virtual Hold Callback Saves Taxpayers' Time
- 12 - INBiz Up and Running
- 08 - September Issue of Trucking Tips Now Available
- 31 - Back to School Credits and Deductions
- 24 - School is in Session - Tax Schools Coming Soon
- 17 - Preserving the Crossroads of America
- 10 - Indiana, A Unique Approach to Taxation
- 03 - Get Ready to be INBiz
- 27 - New Issue of BizTax Now Available
- 25 - Inheritance Tax - Indiana's First (Major) Tax
- 20 - Tax Warrant Expungement Request Reminder
- 13 - Reading Your Tax Bill
- 07 - 2016 Legislative Update
- 06 - Indiana's Fireworks Public Safety Fee
- 30 - Annual Public Hearing Recap
- 28 - New Issue of Tax Dispatch Now Available
- 22 - Important Tax Deadline Looming for Hoosier Seniors
- 15 - Join Us for the Annual Public Hearing
- 08 - Amnesties Across America - Part 2
- 01 - Last Call for Tax Amnesty 2015 Payment Plans
- 25 - Start Your Engines!
- 18 - Don't Forget Your Tax Amnesty 2015 Payment Plan!
- 11 - Free Tax Presentations Available
- 04 - What Kind of Taxes Did the Department Collect in 2015?
- 27 - How to Prepare Now for Next Tax Season
- 20 - I missed the deadline! What now?
- 18 - Tax Filing Deadline is Today
- 13 - Last Chance to File for Free This Year!
- 11 - What do you do if you owe taxes?
- 06 - How to Avoid Refund Delays
- 04 - Identity Protection Program Update
- 30 - Avoid Common Tax Mistakes
- 28 - How to File for an Extension
- 24 - New Video Now Available: Tax Time: An Indiana Taxpayer's Tax Season Survival Guide
- 23 - How can I file an amended return?
- 21 - Tax Season by the Numbers - Part 2
- 16 - Where's My Refund?
- 14 - Looking for Free Tax Assistance?
- 09 - Tips for Filing Your State Tax Return
- 07 - How does the department process returns?
- 02 - Protect Your Child's Identity
- 29 - How can you contact the Department of Revenue if you need help?
- 26 - Protecting Your Identity: Helpful Tips to Keep Your Identity Safe
- 25 - Five Questions to Ask Your Tax Preparer
- 22 - Learn More About the INfreefile Vendors
- 17 - Tax Season by the Numbers
- 10 - How the Department Works to Protect Your Identity
- 08 - Resources for Tax Preparers and Volunteers
- 04 - February Issue of Trucking Tips Now Available
- 03 - File Your Taxes For Free!
- 01 - Top Tips for First Time Filers
- 25 - Commonly Claimed Deductions and Credits
- 20 - Identity Protection Program Overview
- 07 - January Issue of Tax Dispatch Now Available
- 06 - Tax Season Survival Tips
- 30 - Department Publications Highlight Tax News
- 28 - BPR Transition Coming Soon
- 23 - Tax Season Checklist
- 21 - Tax Season Opening Soon
- 16 - Counties Change Their Income Tax Rates
- 07 - Tax Amnesty 2015 Initial Report
- 03 - 2015 Indiana Individual Income Tax Forms Online
- 02 - New Issue of Biz Tax Now Available
- 25 - Black Friday and Cyber Monday Tax Tips
- 18 - Sales Tax Exemptions for Nonprofits
- 12 - Last Call for Tax Amnesty 2015
- 04 - Inside DOR - What does the Taxpayer Advocate Office do?
- 28 - What Exactly Does Motor Carrier Services Do?!
- 15 - 2015 Annual Report Released
- 07 - Income Tax Rates Change for a Few Indiana Counties
- 05 - Amnesties Across America
- 30 - Tax Warrant Expungement Overview
- 28 - Tax Schools Coming Soon
- 21 - Contact Us with Tax Amnesty 2015 Questions
- 15 - Tax Amnesty 2015 Begins Today!
- 09 - Are You Following #DOR on Social Media?
- 02 - 5 Questions You Might Have During Tax Amnesty 2015
- 31 - New Issue of Fuel Tax Update Now Available
- 24 - Tax Amnesty 2015 Eligibility Period Overview
- 19 - Tax Amnesty 2015 Letters Coming Soon to Eligible Taxpayers
- 17 - Back to School Credits and Deductions
- 12 - Commissioner's Directives, Departmental Notices and Informational Bulletins
- 10 - Free Tax Amnesty 2015 Presentations Available
- 05 - INtax Has Been Upgraded
- 03 - Automobile Dealer Seminar Preview
- 30 - New Issue of Biz Tax Now Available
- 22 - Tax Amnesty 2015 Coming This Fall
- 20 - Newsroom Update
- 16 - How to Read the Monthly Report of Net Collections: Part 2
- 14 - How to Read the Monthly Report of Net Collections: Part 1
- 08 - District Offices Can Assist with Tax Bills
- 06 - Subscribe to Stay Up to Date
- 29 - June Issue of Tax Dispatch Now Available
- 26 - Annual Hearing Recap
- 24 - 2015 Legislative Update
- 18 - Low-Income Elderly Tax Credit Must be Claimed by June 30, 2015
- 11 - DOR and the Indiana CPA Society Partner to Help Hoosier Businesses
- 10 - Share Your Thoughts at the Annual Public Hearing
- 08 - Resources for Tax Professionals
- 05 - Tax Bill Series Part 2: Ways to Pay Your Bill
- 03 - Tax Bill Series Part 1: The Different Kinds of Bills
- 02 - Estimated Tax Series Part 3: How to Pay Estimated Taxes
- 27 - Start Strong with the Indiana Department of Revenue
- 26 - Estimated Tax Series Part 2: How to Estimate Payments
- 18 - Estimated Tax Series Part 1: What Are Estimated Taxes?
- 13 - Careers with DOR
- 06 - Have You Checked Out Our Video Library?
- 29 - How to Protect Your Identity
- 27 - How to Open and Close a Business
- 20 - Free Tax Seminars for Convenience Store Operators
- 13 - What happens when you can't pay what you owe?
- 08 - Beware of Convincing Scams
- 06 - How is income from other states reported and taxed?
- 01 - How to Extend Your Tax Filing Deadline
- 30 - How can I get assistance from the Indiana Department of Revenue?
- 25 - Resources for Spanish-Speaking Taxpayers
- 23 - Resources for New and Small Businesses
- 18 - Time is Running Out - File for Free!
- 16 - How does Indiana process electronically-filed returns?
- 12 - Most Commonly Claimed Credits and Deductions
- 06 - Identity Protection Resources
- 04 - Protect Your Child's Identity
- 02 - Protecting Your Identity: The Identity Confirmation Quiz
- 27 - 7 Things First-time Filers Need to Know
- 25 - Electronic IT-20S Now Available
- 23 - Resources for Tax Preparers and Volunteers
- 20 - Deductions for Military Personnel
- 18 - Happy Birthday...to Us!
- 16 - Choosing a Tax Preparer
- 12 - Did You Know About These Business Tax Resources?
- 09 - Where's My Refund?
- 06 - How the Department is Protecting Your Identity
- 04 - A Message from an ID Thief
- 02 - How to Protect Your Identity
- 28 - File for Free with INfreefile
- 15 - Increased Security Features Continue in 2015
- 05 - Tax Season Opening Soon
- 17 - Tax Season Checklist
- 11 - Department Provides Electronic IT-20S
- 02 - 2014 Indiana Individual Income Tax Forms Online
- 24 - Sales Tax Exemptions for Nonprofits
- 18 - Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Sales Tax vs. Use Tax
- 12 - Food and Beverage Tax and County Innkeeper’s Tax Available Online
- 29 - Indiana Tax Practitioner Institute Classes
- 22 - 2014 Annual Report Released
- 09 - Tax Conference Report Released
- 30 - Department Offers New and Small Business Tax Handbook
- 09 - Department Stops $39 Million in Attempted Identity Theft
- 18 - Education Credits and Deductions
- 12 - Full Reciprocity Plan Creates Changes in IRP
- 07 - Alcohol and Tobacco Taxes Electronic Mandate
- 28 - New Business Tax Presentations Available
- 21 - Have you Followed the Department on #SocialMedia?
- 14 - Subscribe to Stay in the Know
- 09 - New Publications for Special Tax
- 03 - Indiana Tax Competitiveness and Simplification Conference
- 23 - Low-income Elderly Credit Must be Claimed by June 30, 2014
- 19 - Got a Tax Bill?
- 06 - 2014 Annual Hearing Minutes Released
- 04 - Submit Your Suggestions for Improving Taxes
- 28 - Tax Law Changes - And Ways to Keep Informed
- 15 - April 15 Is Here!
- 09 - What to Do If You Owe Tax
- 07 - Extension of Time to File
- 04 - Estimated Tax: Part 3 of a Three-Part Series Estimated Tax Payment Options
- 02 - Estimated Tax: Part 2 of a Three-Part Series How to Figure the Amount of Estimated Tax You Need to Pay
- 31 - Estimated Tax, Part 1:What Is Estimated Tax, and What Do You Need to Know About It?
28 - Give Indiana's Endangered Wildlife a Helping Hand and Score a Tax Break
- 17 - Free Tax Assistance
- 10 - Department Stops More Than $1 Million in Tax Fraud
- 03 - Indiana Offers Tax Break for Hoosier Homeowners, Renters
- 24 - Where's My Refund?
- 17 - Top Three Filing Errors
- 10 - Choosing a Tax Preparer
- 07 - Additional Security Features Protect Your Refund
- 05 - Seven Tips for Handling and Storing your Sensitive Documents
- 03 - Protect Your Refund This Tax Season
- 30 - Don't Use That Pay Stub!
- 23 - Tax Season Checklist
- 16 - New Legislation Part 3 - Individual Income Taxes
- 11 - New Legislation Part 2 - Special Taxes
- 10 - New Legislation Part 1 - Business Taxes
- 06 - 2013 Indiana individual and corporate income tax forms online
- 18 - Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Sales Tax vs. Use Tax
- 12 - Annual Filers: Electronically file taxes due for 2013
- 28 - New Resources Available to New and Small Businesses!
- 15 - Checkout the Department's 2013 Annual Report
- 07 - Local income tax rates change for a few Indiana counties
- 30 - Indiana Tax Practitioner Institute Classes
- 23 - Coming Soon: Extension of Time to File Deadline
- 16 - Base Plate Registration Moves to Motor Carrier Services
- 09 - Indiana's new aviation fuel excise tax
- 26 - Tax law changes - and ways to keep informed
- 19 - Fraud and Identity Theft
- 12 - Extra value for your education buck
- 05 - State Inheritance Tax Repealed
- 30 - Last Call for Tax Bills
- 22 - We're Cutting Coupons
- 17 - Final Reminder to Businesses!
- 08 - A New Publication Just for Businesses
- 02 - What does this tax bill mean?
- 24 - District offices help with tax bills
- 17 - State tax bills are in the mail
- 03 - Low-income elderly credit must be claimed by July 1, 2013
- 28 - Annual Public Hearing - Come give us your thoughts!!
- 13 - Estimated Tax: Part 3 of a 3-Part Series
- 10 - Estimated Tax: Part 2 of a 3-Part Series
- 08 - Estimated Tax: Part 1 of a 3-Part Series
- 26 - What to do if you owe tax
- 21 - Give Indiana's endangered wildlife a helping hand and score a tax break
- 11 - Top three filing errors
- 08 - File Your Taxes for FREE!
- 25 - Where's My Refund?
- 20 - Indiana offers tax break for Hoosier homeowners, renters
- 13 - Tips for how to find a tax preparer
- 08 - State piggybacks IRS filing extension change for farmers/fishermen
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
Next to the holidays, back-to-school time can be the most expensive season for many Hoosier families. Luckily, Indiana offers a few education related deductions and credits to put money back in your pocket. Read more...
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
August is back to school time for Hoosier students across the state. Although homeschoolers in Indiana are not required to follow a traditional school calendar, now is a good time to remind homeschool families about the state's homeschool tax deduction. Read more...
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017
- Filing Past Year Tax Returns
July 27, 2017
- Reading Your Tax Bill
July 05, 2017
- Fireworks Public Safety Fee in Indiana
June 21, 2017