Indiana Dam Safety Inspection Manual
The Indiana Dam Safety Inspection Manual is based on accepted practice and consists of information developed from existing documentation on dam safety inspections obtained from state and federal agencies. Dam safety is a complex and multi-disciplinary practice that continues to evolve as professionals gain a better understanding of how the various dam components behave under different loading conditions and how society's level of risk tolerance changes with time. This manual is a living document that will change to reflect evolving national practice. As this manual improves with time, it will provide a stable reference for good dam safety inspection practice as administrators, program priorities, and statutes change.
The Updated 2007 Edition of the manual now consists of Parts 1 to 5 plus an Introductory Section as shown below. Comments and questions about the manual and the accessibility of the documents are appreciated.
- Introductory Pages (Acrobat PDF file)
- Part 1 - OVERVIEW OF DAMS AND OWNERSHIP IN INDIANA (Acrobat PDF file - 1.3mb)
- Part 2 - DAM MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE (Acrobat PDF file - 3.3mb)
- Part 3 - DAM SAFETY INSPECTIONS (Acrobat PDF file - 9.5mb)
- Appendix C - Suggested Dam Inspection Report (Acrobat PDF file)
- Part 4 - EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS (Acrobat PDF file - 1.2mb)
- Appendix A - Incident and Emergency Action Plan template (Acrobat PDF file)
- Appendix A - Incident and Emergency Action Plan template (MS Word format)
- Part 5 - DAM SAFETY FACT SHEETS (Acrobat PDF file - 5mb)