Welcome to an official social media account sponsored by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
This account is managed by DNR staff in an effort to promote DNR activities and events. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profiles.
We encourage participants to be civil and abide by the usage guidelines established by the social media platform. In addition, please be aware of the following:
- We monitor Indiana DNR-sponsored social media profiles and pages but are not responsible for the content generated by users.
- Comments, links and images posted by non-Indiana DNR personnel may not necessarily represent the views of Indiana DNR.
- Our profiles and pages may contain Website links and advertising from the social media platform. This does not constitute endorsement by Indiana DNR.
- We do not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, advertising or political campaigning in our social media efforts. Such content may be removed.
- Other posts that may be removed include hate speech, nudity, intellectual property infringements, and defamation to a person or people. Please express your opinions and comments without name calling and hurling insults.
- We also may remove posts that are considered inappropriate, off-topic, excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the online community and our social media efforts. Discussions of political views and philosophies should be addressed in other forums.
- We will answer questions during state business offices hours as time permits. Be cautious of answers from other users. The information may not be correct.
- If you have an immediate concern, we recommend contacting the specific division, program or property using telephone or e-mail. Visit www.dnr.in.gov to find contact information for divisions, programs and properties.
- If you are at a DNR property and have an immediate concern, please contact the property staff.
- Information shared on this site is not intended as a final rule for legal situations. Refer to www.dnr.in.gov for specific concerns regarding laws and regulations. There may be specific subjects -- such as litigation, licensing processes, or administrative rule changes -- which we will not discuss in social media outlets.
- We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond politely.
Violations of the above guidelines may result in the author being banned from all Indiana DNR sponsored social media efforts. This can occur without warning and at our discretion. Please contact email@example.com with questions.