Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana Inns offers overnight lodging at some DNR properties. Call 260-833-2012 or 1-877-768-2928 or make reservations online. For information on camping, visit http://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/, or call 1-866-6campIN.
Head for the Hills Patoka Lake Triathlon
Head for the hills and race for the raptors. All proceeds from this event will support Patoka’s non-releasable birds of prey; a bald eagle, eastern screech owl and red-tailed hawk. With your help, we are able to support the lives of these non-releasable birds of prey used for our educational programming.
Saturday, August 20, 2015
Patoka Lake, 3084 N. Dillard Rd. Birdseye, IN 47513
- Swim 0.28 miles in Patoka Reservoir, begin and finish at the beach.
- Bike 12.8 miles on well paved roads around Patoka Reservoir.
- Run 3.1 miles through the woods on groomed gravel roads and well paved bike trail.
- Video of course (YouTube)
- Friday, Aug. 19
- Packet pickup - 8:30am - 8:00 pm at Patoka Lake Office
- Saturday, Aug. 20
- 6:30 -7:45 a.m. Onsite check-in and packet pickup, Patoka Lake beach.
- 7:50 a.m. Mandatory safety meeting.
- 8:30 a.m. Race start. EDT
Price and registration
- Individual Early Registration- $50 (Through June 30), $55 (July 1 – July. 31), late registration $65 (starting Aug. 1).
- Team: $120 year-round.
- Online registration ends Thursday, Aug. 18, 8:00 p.m. Register at http://headforthehillspatokalaketriathlon.itsyourrace.com/
- Register onsite Friday, Aug. 19, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Patoka Lake Office or on race day at the beach from 6:30 - 7:45 a.m.
- USAT Membership not required.
- Timing: Crossroads Events LLC
- Free t-shirt while supplies last if you register before Aug 1.
- Free event at 8:10 a.m. for ages 14 and under.
- Onsite registration & awards for this ¼ mile race on the paved bike trail (up-hill run) at the beach.
- Dana Reckelhoff, Race Director