Visitors shall observe the following rules, which are designed to fulfill the purpose for which state parks were established, namely, to preserve a primitive landscape in its natural condition for the public’s use and enjoyment.
- Do not injure or damage any structure, rock, tree, flower, bird or wild animal. Do NOT gather limbs, brush or trees (either dead or alive) for firewood because they rebuild the natural humus.
- Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns) BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be unloaded or un-nocked and stored in a case or locked within a vehicle, except when the owner is participating in an activity authorized by written permit.
- Dogs and cats must be attended at all times and kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
- Vending or advertising without permission of the Department of Natural Resources is prohibited.
- Camping is permitted only in the campground. Youth groups must be under adult supervision.
- Please comply with the Carry In/Carry Out trash policy in all day-use areas. Overnight guests must put waste in receptacles provided for that purpose.
- Motorists shall observe posted speed limits, and park only in designated areas.
- Swimming is limited to places and times set by the DNR.
- Drinking water should be taken only from pumps, hydrants or fountains provided for that purpose. This water is tested regularly for purity.
- Report lost or found articles to the park office.
- All motorized vehicles shall remain on paved roadway. Snowmobiles are prohibited.
- Bicycles must be used only on roadways and are not allowed on hiking trails.
For a complete list of rules and regulations, inquire at park office.