Redbird State Recreation Area Property Rules
- All vehicles must be registered or licensed (street legal) according to Indiana law. Please make certain you are complying with Indiana’s legal definition of ORV registration.
- Non-registered out-of-state ORVs may purchase an annual Out-of-State Trail Use permit. This allows the ORV to be used on the Interlake and Redbird trails; but, not on county roads.
- Everyone who enters the Redbird State Recreation Area must pay at gatehouse.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the property. All vehicles are subject to search.
- Visitors must comply with all DNR property rules and Indiana off-road vehicle laws.
- The operator of a vehicle, SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle)*, or vehicle other than a dirt bike, all terrain vehicle (ATV), or utility vehicle (UTV), must be at least sixteen (16) years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- The operator of a dirt bike, ATV or UTV under the age of 16 must be directly supervised at all times by a parent or legal guardian.
- DOT- approved safety helmets are required at all times except in vehicles with fully enclosed metal cab or roll bar protection. Helmets must be worn while vehicles are in operation.
- Seatbelts are required to be used by all vehicle operators and occupants, except ATV and dirt bike, and overhead/roll bar protection is required for all occupants in the vehicle, SUV.*
- Passengers are not allowed on ATV's or dirt bikes, except those designed by the manufacturer for two up riding
- All off-road vehicles must have functioning spark arrestors and mufflers. No tire chains or studded tires.
- Vehicles may only be operated in designated areas and must stay on marked trails.
- Entry onto property is authorized only during posted hours of operation. The valid daily receipt must be in the vehicle operator’s possession at all times.
*SUV indicates a Jeep, pick-up, Hummer, dune buggy and other licensed or street legal vehicles. Violations of these rules will be cause for law enforcement action and may include ejection from the property in addition to any associated fines or penalties.