Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
- Shakamak Pool Limited Hours: Beginning Aug. 13, 2016, the pool will be open Saturdays and Sundays only through Labor Day, plus the Monday holiday.
Page updated Monday, May 23, 2016
Ready to relax? Let's head for Shakamak. Three man-made lakes offer 400 acres of water for fishing and boating while a family aquatic center provides swimming fun. About two-thirds of the campsites are in a wooded area, offering cool shade in the summer and beautiful fall colors in autumn. Nearby is a play field area for family fun. A popular feature of the park is the group camp.
During the summer, pool hours may change because of weather and staffing. Please contact the property office for exact times before your visit.
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
1. MODERATE (3.95 miles)—Begins and ends near the pool area and follows the shoreline of Lake Shakamak. This is an interesting trail on which to see waterfowl and shorebirds.
2. MODERATE (1.50 miles)—Joins with Trail 1 east of the pool parking lot and proceeds through an oak forest and pine plantings, past an abandoned coal mine and returns to Trail 1, south of the group camp.
3. MODERATE (1.40 miles)—Trail 3 goes through oak woods along the north shore of Lake Lenape, to the camp store (formerly the saddle barn). Native white-tailed deer have been observed on this trail.
4. MODERATE (1.60 miles)—Joins with Trail 3. Goes through oak trees and pines. Bridges and stairs add to the beauty. This trail takes you out to the campground.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.