Horseback Riding in Indiana
Indiana is a great state to explore by horseback, no matter your skill level or riding experience. The state has:
- More than 600 miles of horse trails on public and non-profit properties.
- Several horsemen’s camps at DNR properties and in the Hoosier National Forest.
- Numerous private trails and horse camps.
- Saddle barns that offer guided trail rides, including six at state parks.
Before you ride
- Share the trail: Etiquette for multi-use trails
- DNR horse tag information
- Hoosier National Forest horse trail permits
- Out-of-state horse health requirements
- Trail riding organizations and clubs:
Where to ride
Locate Indiana’s public and private horse trails, camps and saddle barns with the interactive map below.