Reserved Hunt Information
What do I need to apply?
- A valid hunting license for the species you intend to hunt for that season/equipment.
- A valid email address for confirmation of application submission.
How do I know if my application is complete?
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address provided.
- After you have submitted your application, PRINT or SAVE your confirmation page. Once you have applied, you can double-check by logging back into the reserved hunt system. If a hunt choice is still in the drop-down box, you did not successfully apply. The system will not allow you to apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if the hunt shows up in your drop-down box, then you need to apply.
Other important information
- Once you have submitted your hunt application, you cannot change it. If you need to update your contact information, log into the reserved hunt system and update it. All reserved hunt draw results will be posted online at least one week after the deadline has passed.
Hunts currently taking applications or opening soon
- Applications for wild turkey hunts will be accepted online Feb. 1 through March 18, 2018.
- Properties participating: Aukiki Wetland Conservation Area, Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge, Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge, Mississinewa Reservoir, Salamonie Lake, and Winamac, J.E. Roush, Tri-County, Pigeon River, Kingsbury, Willow Slough, LaSalle, Jasper Pulaski, Hovey Lake, Goose Pond, Hillenbrand, Fairbanks Landing, Glendale, Sugar Ridge, Atterbury, Crosley, Chinook, and Deer Creek fish & wildlife areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When I enter my license number and date of birth, the system doesn’t recognize me.
A: Verify that the information on your license is correct. If your date of birth is not correct on your license, then it is not correct in the system. Please call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367 to have the information corrected.
Q: I get the error message “You have attempted to submit a form twice. Please click this URL to continue.”
A: This message typically displays if you use the back button on your internet browser. If you see this message, click on the link to continue. Do not use the back button on your internet browser. Also, do not click the "Continue" or "Submit" button more than once.
Q: I don’t know if I have applied for a hunt. How do I verify?
A: Log into the reserved hunt application. After you have verified your personal information, there will be a screen that you can choose the type of hunt you want to apply for. If the hunt is listed in the drop-down box, then you have not applied for the hunt. Also, below the drop-down box, you will see any hunts that you have applied for and there is an icon to reprint the confirmation page. If the hunt you are trying to apply for is still listed, then you have not successfully submitted your application. The system will not let you apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if a hunt is listed in the choices, then proceed with the application process (unless there is an age restriction on the hunt and you do not qualify).
Q: Will the system allow me to register for the same hunt more than once?
A: No. The system will not let you apply for the same hunt more than once. So, if a hunt is listed in the choices, then proceed with the application process.
Q: I entered my license number and date-of-birth, but I don’t see any hunts in the drop-down list. What do I do?
A: Check to make sure you have the proper license that is required for the species you intend to hunt. If you have the correct license and you still do not see any hunts, check to make sure that the application deadline has not passed.
Q: When will the results for the hunts be posted?
A: Typically, the draw hunt results will be posted online approximately two weeks (or less) after the application deadline has passed. Sign up for Wild Bulletin to receive emails with the latest news regarding the reserved hunts, and other important fishing, hunting, and wildlife information.
Q: Where do I find out if I was drawn for a hunt?
A: Draw results will be posted online along with all the information you will need to participate in the hunt if you were successfully drawn. Click on the view draw hunt results link on the top of this page. Enter your information and your draw results will show for each hunt for which you successfully submitted an application. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view important information if you were drawn for a hunt.
Q: I tried to view my draw results and I got the message "No Records Found." What do I do now?
A: Verify that you typed your last name correctly. Do not type in suffixes, i.e. "Sr." or "Jr." Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367.
Q: There are no results listed under my name for a hunt. What do I do now?
A: Make sure you have a confirmation number (Hunt Registration ID) or confirmation email for the hunt. If you don't have a confirmation number or email, it is likely that you didn't successfully submit your application. If you have a confirmation number or email, and you do not see any results for your name, call DNR Customer Service at (317) 232-4200 or toll-free at (877) 463-6367.