Indiana Late Goose Hunting Permits
Welcome to the permitting site for the Light Goose Conservation Order in Indiana. The Light Goose Conservation Order is open from Feb. 13 – March 31, 2017 statewide. Please read the following information.
This conservation order is open statewide Feb. 13 – March 31, 2017.
- Legal species include snow geese and Ross’ geese (white and blue phases of both species are legal).
- You must have an Indiana hunting license and an Indiana waterfowl stamp to participate. Neither a federal waterfowl stamp nor a HIP number is required.
- You must also have a special free permit to participate. These permits will be available beginning in early January at Indiana Fish and Wildlife Areas, or via this web page beginning in December.
- Shooting hours are from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- It is legal to take light geese during the conservation order using electronic callers and/or shotguns capable of holding more than three shells.
- There is no bag or possession limit for light geese during the conservation order.
- Please report any banded geese taken. You may report these bands by calling toll-free 1-800-327-BAND, or online at http://www.reportband.gov/.