"DETRIMENTAL PLANTS" ( IC 15-16-8-1 )
- Includes all noxious weeds, "and, in residential areas only, noxious weeds and rank vegetation. The term does not include agricultural crops."
- Plants that are "not native" to the area under consideration.
"EXOTIC WEED" ( IC 14-8-2-87.5 )
- a weed that is not native to Indiana.
- Plants, native or exotic, with an exceptional ability to establish and to take over existing vegetation.
"NOXIOUS WEEDS" ( IC 15-16-7-2 )
- (1) Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense). (2) Johnson grass and Sorghum almum (Sorghum halepense).
(3) Bur cucumber (Sicyos angulatus).
(4) Shattercane ( Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench spp. drummondii (Steud.) deWet).
"WEED" ( IC 14-8-2-316 )
- Any plant that is competitive, persistent, pernicious, and interferes with human activity, and as a result is undesirable.
JURISDICTIONS IN INDIANA
EXOTIC WEEDS ( IC 14-8-2-203 ; IC 14-24- )
WEED SEEDS ( IC 15-15-1-25 )
WEEDS ON RAILROAD RIGHT-OF-WAYS ( IC 8-3-7-1&2 )
COUNTY WEED CONTROL BOARDS ( IC 15-16-7 )
- Noxious weeds and marijuana
TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES ( IC 15-16-8-4 )
PLANTS OF REGULATORY CONCERN IN INDIANA
(Plants that are managed, by law, in Indiana)
INVASIVE PLANT EDUCATION LIST
(A working list of plants that have shown invasive tendencies in Indiana, but are not regulated or proposed for regulation at this time)
CONTROLS, ALTERNATIVES, & MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION