- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Department of Homeland Security

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST

IDHS > About IDHS > Fire & Building Safety / Services > Building Safety & Services > Building Plan Review > Building Plan Review > Fire Alarms Fire Alarms

Do I need to file my building plans with the state of Indiana? - Click Here

For an Existing Project

To check on the status of an existing project - Click Here

To file an Addendum to an existing project - Addendum Application

To file a Partial, use the Construction Design Release Application 

To file a project electronically - Click Here
NOTE: This is the PREFERRED Filing Method

For a New Project

To file a project electronically - Click Here
NOTE: This is the PREFERRED Filing Method

Construction Design Release Application - Click Here
(Complete and upload with drawings)

What are the drawings required for Fire Alarm Submittal?

  • Fire Alarm plans showing location of fire alarms, pull stations, fire alarm control panel, smoke detectors, strobes and heat detectors, etc.

What is the cost of filing?

Fee Schedule - 675 IAC 12-3-2 Schedule of fees for site built construction

Would you like to expedite your project?

  • Note: The fee to expedite is $5,000.00 in addition to the required standard fees.
  • File your project online and after a successful submission send an email to Dave Moses at and request that your project be expedited. The email should include the project number assigned to your filing.
  • Paper filing – mailed in or walk in - you should contact the plan review branch prior to submitting and request an expedited plan review. You will need provide us the project scope of work or work description to help us determine if the proposed work can be expedited.

File a Hard Copy of Application

For general questions, call 317-232-6422.