Fireworks Permit Application
The permits applied for using this service are valid from January 1 through December 31.
Before you begin a new filing...
- Check the fireworks online filing navigation CHART to see what needs to be done to apply for a fireworks permit.
- If you are applying for a permit at a location that has previously been used for fireworks, but not by your company, please call 317-232-1407 before applying online.
- If you are ready to apply online please have the following information ready:
- Information about the Fireworks Seller.
- Information about location of the Fireworks Store.
- Floor Plan of the Fireworks Store.
- Fireworks seller Contact Information.
- Inspection date requested and operating hours (as applicable).
- If you sell consumer fireworks at retail in Indiana, you will be required to collect retail sales tax (7% of gross retail income) and the Fireworks Public Safety Fee (5% of gross retail income). Once your fireworks permit is issued, you will automatically be registered to collect the public safety fee. If you have not registered your location for retail sales tax, please click here to start the application process. If you have any questions, please call 317-615-2544, opt3.
Other important information when filing the project...
- Keep all the information at hand when filing. If the web application times you out you will have to re-type all the information.
- If you have questions regarding the fireworks permits, please contact IDHS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will have to pay instant access and credit card fees besides the normal fees to use this service.
- If you experience technical difficulties using the application contact DfbsDatabase@dhs.in.gov for assistance.
If ready to file click the link below to start the application process.
Note: when completing an online application, please use Internet Explorer.