Application for Radioactive Waste and Material / Hazardous Material Transport Permit
Per Indiana Code 10-14-8 and 10-14-9, a shipper of high or low level radioactive waste or Hazardous Route Controlled Quantities of radioactive materials in Indiana must submit an application to the department of homeland security in the form and manner prescribed by the department of homeland security.
High Level Radioactive Waste (HLRW) permits and Hazardous Route Controlled Quantity (HRCQ) permits are not available through the online application process. All HLRW and HRCQ permits must be applied for using the form below.
1. When applying please have the following information available:
- Information about the shipper's Organization, Shipment Carrier, and Shipment.
2. Other important information when filing the online application:
- Keep all the information at hand when filing. If the web application times you out you will have to re-type all the information.
- If you have questions regarding the Online Application for Radioactive Waste and Material / Hazardous Material Transport Permit, please contact Kaci Studer.
- You will have to pay instant access and credit card fees besides the normal fees to use this service.
- If you experience technical difficulties using the application contact DfbsDatabase@dhs.in.gov for assistance.