Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana’s Emergency Medical Services training standards are established by the Indiana Emergency Medical Services Commission and either meet or exceed the standards set by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for EMS programs. The Training Division issues approval for all training programs and courses.
Courses are as follows:
- Emergency Medical First Responder – Indiana Specific Course based on NHTSA
- Basic Emergency Medical Technician – Indiana Specific Course based on NHTSA
- Basic Advanced Emergency Medical Technician – Indiana Specific Course based on NHTSA standards
- Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate – NHTSA standards
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic – NHTSA standards
- Primary Instructor – NHTSA standards
- Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) – NHTSA standards
- Auto Extrication Course – Indiana standards
Call the Emergency Medical Services Training Program Manager
Address: Indiana Government Center South
302 W. Washington St., Room E239
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2739