Fire Prevention & Building Safety Commission / Code Services
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Indiana Government Center South
Conference Room B
302 W. Washington Street
- Commission Members
- Commission Meeting Schedule
- Meeting Minutes
- Variance Action Letters
- Search, View, and Print Variance Information
- Online Variance Application
- Complete list of Codes and Rules Adopted by Commission
- Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission Rule-making Docket Index
- Non-Rule Policy Documents/Interpretations of the Commission's Rules
- Information on Ice/Water Shield and Drip Edge
Commission Variance Database
Indiana Residential Code Committee
Items for discussion: tabled proposals and chapters 4-5 fo the 2015 IRC, 2nd printing.
Please submit proposed code changes to Kathleen Ash. Deadline for submission is August 30, 2017.
Code Services Information
Code Services provides technical information for code development and administrative services to the Indiana Fire Prevention and Building Safety Commission. The Commission adopts the code of building and fire safety laws that affect all buildings classified as Class 1 or Class 2 structures in the state of Indiana.
Code Services also performs research and provides interpretations regarding technical code applications to the Commission, the Division of Fire and Building Safety, and code users. In addition, the branch provides administrative services to the Commission such as processing applications for variances, appeals of state and local orders, and provides preliminary reviews of local building ordinances.
- Administrative Reviews
- Contacts for Code Education Classes
- Codes, Standards and other Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions
Downloadable Forms and Documents
- Sample Building Code Ordinance - County
- Sample Building Code Ordinance - Municipalities
- Variance Application and Instructions
- Proposal for Code Change
- Fire Prevention Ordinance Template
Criteria for Local Unit Plan Review