Marengo Cave Foster Family Program
Marengo Cave has partnered with the Indiana Department of Child Services to provide an extraordinary family learning opportunity for foster families. Foster families throughout the state can sign up for this new foster family program.
What does the program include?
- Free admission to either the Crystal Palace or Dripstone Trail walking tours for up to six foster, biological or stepchildren 18 years old or younger living in the same household with an Indiana licensed foster parent. At least one of the children must be a foster child currently living with the foster parent.
- Group rate available for tickets for foster parents and additional children participating in a free walking tour.
- Free use of a shelter house and picnic area.
- Free nature trail experiences.
- Free admission for children to the “Crawl,” a cave simulation.
Foster, biological or stepchildren 18 years old or younger living in the same household with an Indiana licensed foster parent.
NOTE: Free admission applicable for one visit per foster family. Free admission NOT available during following holiday weekends: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
How do foster families apply?
The process is simple. Foster families can visit Marengo Cave, complete an application at the ticket booth and show a valid foster parent license, issued either by the Department of Child Services or a licensed child placement agency. A photo ID is also required. A printable application can be found on the Marengo Cave Foster Family Program Flyer (application can be found at the bottom of the page).
Visit the Marengo Cave Website today for more cave information.