- Read LEARN MORE, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print to download an online version.
- Sign up to take the PSAT to prepare for the SAT (required for admission to many colleges). The PSAT is free for sophomores in Indiana, so there’s no reason not to give it a shot. Learn more about college admissions exams.
- Review and update your high school Graduation Plan with your school counselor or access it online on your Indiana Career Explorer account under “My Portfolio”. It’s not too late to include Advanced Placement (AP) or dual-credit classes. Colleges want to see that you pushed yourself in high school.
- Continue participating in extracurricular activities. They will make your college application stronger, plus you’ll learn more about yourself and expand your skills.
- Commit to saving a certain percentage of all gift money or earned money from a job. An Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan is a great, tax-free way to save for college. Sign up at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.