College GO! Week Events
The College GO! kick off will be Sep. 21-25, 2015 -- although you are always free to do a different week if it works better for your school. The campaign will last August-November, and schools are encouraged to promote college planning activities for the entire season. Check with your school counselor or Learn More Indiana's community partners.
Kick Off Week Suggested Events
Monday, September 21: College Gear Day (show off your school spirit!)
Tuesday, September 22: Apprenticeship Day (learn about careers requiring an apprenticeship. Read more about these careers on Learn More Indiana's apprenticeship resource page. Use Hoosier Hot 50 to search for rapidly growing careers in Indiana that require apprenticeships/on-the-job training.)
Wednesday, September 23: Associate Degree Day (focus on locally available two-year programs)
Thursday, September 24: College Tour Day (via slideshow presentation, college speakers or a field trip)
Friday, September 25: College App Writing Skills (learn about personal statements, essays and letters of recommendation, or write about why you should be accepted to your top college choice)
College Application Day
Across the state, schools will be hosting College Application Days where all seniors are encouraged to complete at least one college application. Remember, that can be to any education you'll need after you graduate: two- or four-year college, an apprenticeship, a workforce certificate to work in your field, etc.
Although the suggested date is in October, your school may have another date. Check with your counselor!
Educators, please use the resources below to assist your College Application Day planning. Materials can be edited with your school's specific information. Questions? We'd love to hear from you at email@example.com.
- 2014 Indiana College Application Day Manual (contains all the information to start College Application Day at your school)
- Parent Information Letter (get the word home)
- Volunteer Tasks (ideas for getting volunteers engaged)
- College Application Day Student Worksheet (ensure students are prepared to apply on October 28)
- College Research Worksheet (for comparing colleges and finding the right fit)
- Student Instructions (walk students through their College Application Day step-by-step)
- Next Steps Handout (for students to learn what they'll need to do next)
- FAFSA Handout (for students to save their FAFSA PIN and learn about FAFSA events in their area)
- Sign-out Sheet (keep track of how many applications have been completed)
- Data Reporting Sheet (share your school's success and don't forget to apply for our grant, too)
Deadline: Nov. 21
Contest entries and school grant applications are due November 21! Don't miss out on your chance to earn $529 for college or $1,000 for your school. Learn more and download forms here.