Wednesday, May 8, 2013
360 Triangle Dr.
Sellersburg, IN 47171
6:00 - 7:30 p.m. Academic Affairs & Quality Subcommittee Meeting
Thursday, May 9, 2013
University Center North
4201 Grant Line Rd.
New Albany, IN 47150
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Chair's Breakfast, with Margaret Baechtold
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, Room 127
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch, Chancellor Patterson-Randles
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mission-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda view
CHE Meeting Itinerary and Agenda view
Full agenda booklet (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) view
Minutes of the March 2013 Commission Meeting view
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - Remediation Reform
- Remediation Reform - A Panel Discussion view
- Stan Jones, President, Complete College America
- Ed Clere, State Representative, House District 72
- Jaclyn Dowd, Deputy Commissioner of Policy, Education and Training, IN Dept of Workforce Development
Thomas Snyder, President, Ivy Tech Community College
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Remediation Resolution
- Academic Degree Programs (expedited) view
- Purdue University North Central B.S. in Civil Engineering at Westville
- Policy on Dual Credit Courses Taken in a High School setting view
- Adoption of non-binding tuition and mandatory fee targets for 2013-14 and 2014-15 view
- IN-KY Reciprocity Agreement view
- PPA approval (expedited)
- Adoption of Electronic Meeting Policy (expedited) view
- Resource Development and Implementation Support for Indiana's 21st Century Scholars Program (expedited) view
- Status of Active Requests for New Academic Degree Programs view
- Requests for Degree Program Related Changes on Which Staff Have Taken Routine Staff Action view
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted view
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action view
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on Thursday, June 13, 2013 in Fort Wayne.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided for the general public.)