Friday, October 19, 2012
Purdue Memorial Union
101 N. Grant Street
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Directions to PMU map
Public parking is available in the Grant Street garage located on the east side of Grant Street directly across the street from the Union building.
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Chair's Breakfast, Lafayette Room, for Commission members, with guest Mr. Tom Spurgeon, Purdue Board of Trustees (230; public meeting)
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, Room 118, for Commission members and staff (public meeting)
11:45 a.m. - 12:45p.m. Lunch, Room 118, for Commission members and staff, with guest Dr. Timothy Sands, Acting President, Purdue University (public meeting)
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting, Anniversary Drawing Room (304; public meeting)
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mision-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda
CHE Meeting Agenda
Full agenda booklet (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) link
Minutes of the September 2012 Commission Meeting link
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Defining College Readiness - A Panel Discussion link
- Dr. Tony Bennett, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Indiana Dept. of Education
- Ms. Teresa Lubbers, Commissioner for Higher Education
- Ms. Pam Horne, Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Dean of Admissions, Purdue University
- 2013-15 Indiana Postsecondary Institution Budget Presentations link
- International Studies Building - Indiana University Bloomington Campus link
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Programs
- Doctorate of Health Sciences To Be Offered by Indiana State University at Terre Haute link
- Capital Projects for Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Indiana University - Bloomington Campus: McNutt North (Bordner) Quad Restroom Renovation - Phase IV - $2,160,000
- Indiana University - Bloomington Campus: Forest Quad Interior Renovations and Code Improvements - $5,600,000
- Indiana University - Bloomington Campus: Optometry Renovation - $2,200,000
- Indiana University - Bloomington Campus: SPEA Plaza Renovation - Phase II - $3,000,000
- Purdue University - West Lafayette Campus: Harrison Residence Hall Bathroom Renovation - Phase II - $3,015,000
- Purdue University - West Lafayette Campus: Math Sciences Plaza and Utility Tunnel Waterproofing and Repairs - $3,350,000
- Status of Active Requests for New Academic Degree Programs link
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted link
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action link
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on Friday, November 9, 2012 in Indianapolis.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective December 2012, the Commission will change its meeting days to Thursdays, based on the second Thursday of each month.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided for the general public.)