Cash for College events across Indiana and online help you pay for your education now. Explore the rest of our site to learn more about paying for college in Indiana.
Jan. 26-30, 2015 – Suggested Kick-off Week
Suggested themes include:
- Monday: 529 Plan Info (students and parents can learn more about saving for college with Indiana's CollegeChoice 529 Savings Plan)
- Tuesday: Super Saver Day (brainstorm ways to spend and save wisely)
- Wednesday: Crunch Your College Costs (complete a college costs estimator at IndianaCollegeCosts.org, or do math with actual tuition figures)
- Thursday: 21st Century Scholars Day (get enrolled at Scholars.IN.gov or meet your Scholar Success Program requirements)
- Friday: Scholarship Skills (practice writing scholarship essays, or write your scholarship-worthy achievements on shapes to display throughout school)
Fridays in February – FAFSA Fridays
Visit FAFSAFriday.org for resources to host your own FAFSA Friday any day in February. The suggested date is February 20, right before College Goal Sunday.
February 22, 2015 – College Goal Sunday
Do questions about your FAFSA have you stuck—or do you simply not know where to begin when it comes to filing this important financial aid form? With 41 locations across Indiana, College Goal Sunday is a great place to get the advice you need. Get one-on-one assistance, starting at 2 p.m. (local time) on February 22. For more information and locations, please visit CollegeGoalSunday.org.
March 10, 2015 – Important Deadlines
Contest entries and school grant applications are due to Learn More Indiana on March 10. Find more details here.
March 10, 2015 – FAFSA Filing Deadline
Indiana’s filing deadline for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is March 10. Although you may submit estimated tax information if your family has not filed taxes yet, you must file the FAFSA by March 10 in order to qualify for state financial aid. (Students can still receive federal aid if they file after March 10). Most colleges also use the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for their need-based financial aid. If you’re having trouble filing the form, view our archived FAFSA Friday Webinar at FafsaFriday.org/Webinars to see advice from our financial aid experts.
March 10, 2015 – 21st Century Scholars Affirmation Deadline for High School Seniors
Senior 21st Century Scholars must submit the required paperwork by March 10 in order to activate the Scholarship. Please visit Scholars.IN.gov for more information.
May 15, 2015 – FAFSA Corrections Deadline
All corrections to your FAFSA must be completed by May 15 in order to be considered for state financial aid. Correct it online at FAFSA.gov.