- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana State Board of Animal Health

BOAH > Information for Veterinarians Information for Veterinarians

Veterinarian Survey

To serve veterinarians better, the Indiana State Board of Animal Health (BOAH) would like more information about your area(s) of interest and practice. This survey will help us direct information that is most helpful or of interest to you. Click here to take the survey.


Certificates of Veterinary Inspection

Tutorial Videos for Completing Electronic Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (eCVI)


Interstate and Export Travel

International Travel with a Pet (USDA)

Veterinarians: International Travel with a Pet Information (USDA)

Pet Owners: International Travel with a Pet Information (USDA)

INTERNATIONAL EXPORTS: USDA Veterinary Services has protocols for moving animals out of the United States. USDA offers three methods to submit export certificates for approval:

  1. Electronic: (NOTE:  This will eventually be the only method for submission.) Currently, certificates for horses, cattle, swine and commercial poultry can be generated. To enroll and learn more:
  2. Mail/FedEx/Courier: Include a return, prepaid FedEx, UPS, etc. envelope, and send to: 
    Attn:  Export Department
    105 Corporate Drive, Ste. H
    Frankfort, KY 40601
    Phone: 502-848-2043
  3. In Person: By appointment ONLY at an office near you.
    View options here: USDA Offices Endorsing Export Papers

For directions on how to fill out international export papers and where to send international export papers to be signed by a USDA veterinarian contact Kentucky's USDA export office at: 502-848-2043.

Please review specific requirements by country and species before calling/submitting. Click here for export requirements by country and species.


Disease Reporting



BOAH manages a roster of veterinarians and other personnel across Indiana who are part of the Veterinary Medical Response Corps (VMRC)/Animal Surveillance Emergency Response Team (ASERT). Learn more about this program at:


Disposing Sharps

Veterinary clinics should follow the sharp disposal guidelines for human supplies. A guidance brochure is available online at:


Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)

Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Information

VFD Requirements for Veterinarians

VFD Requirements for Producers

Questions about VFDs:  Contact FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine:



Indiana Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners