All court order title applications are processed by BMV Central Office Title Processing to improve the security and efficiency of these transactions. Prior to submitting each application, please verify that all required information is included. Contact 888-692-6841 with any questions.
When submitting paperwork, include the following:
- Completed and signed Application for Certificate of Watercraft Title – State Form 38529
- Court Order – must establish ownership, provide a description of the watercraft (year, make, HIN), direct the BMV to issue title to the owner, and contain the signature of the judge and court seal or stamp. The order must be error free. Erasures or altered orders will not be accepted
- Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft – State Form 39530 completed by law enforcement. If the HIN on the inspection does not match the HIN on the court order, a corrected court order will be required before the transaction can be processed
- Proof of Indiana Residency. Examples include an Indiana driver’s license or ID card, utility bill dated within the past sixty (60) days, USPS change of address confirmation, or W-2. Visit mybmv.com for a complete list of acceptable documents
- $15 title application fee. Fees are payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), check, electronic check, or money order. A $20 delinquent fee will be assessed on packets received 31 days after the file stamp date on the Court Order.
- Sales tax payment required if the watercraft is also transferring ownership. Sales tax is 7% of the dollar amount listed on the order, or attach a bill of sale or purchase agreement. If no information is available to determine the purchase price, and bill of sale is not attached, sales tax payment will be based on the NADA fair market value of the watercraft.
- Download the complete order watercraft title application packet
Mail the completed packet to:
Central Office Title Processing
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N411
Indianapolis, IN 46204