- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

myBMV > Watercraft > HIN Application HIN Application

Application for Hull Identification Number (HIN)

All watercraft in Indiana must have a hull identification number (HIN) stamped or attached to the watercraft. If the watercraft does not have a HIN, is an assembled watercraft, or the HIN is changed, then a HIN application must be completed.

HIN applications for watercraft are processed by BMV Central Office Title Processing to improve the security and efficiency of these transactions. Prior to submitting each application, verify all required information is included. Contact (888) 692-6841 with any questions.

When submitting paperwork, include the following:

Mail the completed packet to:
Central Office Title Processing
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N417
Indianapolis, IN 46204