Municipal and Law Enforcement watercraft title and registration applications are processed by BMV Central Office Operations to improve the security and efficiency of these transactions. Please verify that all required information is included prior to submitting each application. Call the BMV Customer Contact Center at 888-692-6841 with any questions.
Title Application Requirements
- Completed and signed Application for Certificate of Watercraft Title – State Form 38529
- Original Certificate of Title, Certificate of Origin, or Bill of Sale
- Physical Inspection of a Vehicle or Watercraft – State Form 39530. Required for watercraft purchased outside of Indiana or if submitting a Bill of Sale as ownership documentation.
- Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Exemption– State Form 48841, Exemption 1.
- $15.00 title application fee (for new, amend, and duplicate title transactions). A $20.00 delinquent fee will be assessed on new title applications received 31 days after the purchase date listed on the Certificate of Title, Certificate of Origin, or Bill of Sale. Fees are payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), check, electronic check, or money order.
Registration Application Requirements
- Application for Municipal or Law Enforcement Watercraft Registration and Decals - State Form 35913
- Proof of Ownership (for example, Bill of Sale). If the watercraft is required to be titled, a title application must accompany the registration application (unless a watercraft title has already been processed for the applicant).
For questions on watercraft titling requirements, call the BMV Contact Center at 888-692-6841. If the BMV determines that sufficient credible evidence exists to substantiate the applicant’s claim of ownership, a title and/or registration will be issued. For your convenience, the required forms are included with this checklist.
Mail the completed packet to:
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Central Office Operations
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N415
Indianapolis, IN 46204