A salvage restoration title application is required to request a rebuilt brand for a previously branded salvage vehicle. All applications are processed by the BMV Central Office Title Processing to improve the security and efficiency of these transactions. Prior to submitting each application, please verify that all required information is included. Contact 888-692-6841 with any questions.
When submitting paperwork, include the following:
- Completed and signed Application for Certificate of Title – State Form 44049
- Original Salvage Certificate of Title. Odometer statement must be completed on title if vehicle is transferring ownership.
- Affidavit of Restoration for a Salvage Motor Vehicle – State Form 44606
- Proof of ownership and/or proof of purchase required for each major component part used in restoration. If restoration was completed by using parts on hand, complete General Affidavit – State Form 37964. Include vehicle information (year, make, and VIN) and each part used with serial number, if applicable.
- Proof of Indiana Residency. Examples include an Indiana driver’s license or ID card, utility bill dated within the past sixty (60) days, USPS change of address confirmation, W-2. Visit mybmv.com for a complete list of acceptable documents.
- $15 title application fee. Fees are payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), check, electronic check, or money order. A $21 delinquent fee will be assessed on packets received 31 days after the purchase date listed on the certificate of title. Sales tax payment required if vehicle is also transferring ownership. Sales tax is 7% of the purchase price indicated on the title. Include Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Paid–ST108 from the dealer or Certificate of Gross Retail or Use Tax Exemption– ST108E, in lieu of sales tax payment, if applicable.
- Download complete Salvage Motor Vehicle Restoration - Rebuilt Vehicle packet
Mail the completed packet to:
Central Office Title Processing
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N411
Indianapolis, IN 46204