You may replace a driver's license or identification card online. You may only replace a driver's license or identification card twice online before you must visit a license branch.
- You can replace your driver's license online if you meet the following conditions:
- You have an operator's license, chauffeur's license, or operator's or chauffeur's license with motorcycle endorsement. Commercial driver's licenses or public passenger chauffeur's licenses cannot be replaced online.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- There is no change in your name, address, or other information.
- Your license is not expired.
- Your record does not have restrictions J or 2-9.
- J - Other
- 2- Habitual Traffic Violator Conditional License
- 3- Photo Exempt
- 5- Conditional
- 6- Interlock Ignition Device
- 7- Seat Belt Exempt
- 8- Medical Condition
- 9- Temporary
- Your previous photo is on file.
- You are not suspended or invalidated.
- You are not switching from a non-SecureID to a SecureID.
You can replace your ID card online if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- There is no change in your name, address, or other information
- Your ID card is not expired
- Your previous photo is on file
- You are not switching from a non-SecureID to a SecureID
- Your record does not have restrictions 3 or 9
What if you are away from Indiana?
If your Indiana license has been lost or stolen while you are out of the state, you may obtain a 30-day interim that will allow you to return to Indiana and obtain a replacement license. To obtain a 30-day interim credential, you will need to complete a Request for Interim/Extension License or Military Extension Letter- State Form 54580 and mail to the address listed on the form.
If you are temporarily living outside Indiana because you are serving in the military, your license remains valid for 90 days following your discharge from service. You may be eligible for online renewal or replacement. To renew your expired license after you have been discharged, you need to visit a license branch and show proof of your discharge.
Still Have Questions? Contact The BMV