- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Office of the Indiana Attorney General

Attorney General > > File a Complaint > Mortgage Fraud Complaint Mortgage Fraud Complaint

Filing a Mortgage Fraud Complaint

You can file a Mortgage Fraud complaint with the Office of the Attorney General online or by filling out a printable form. Regardless of whether you're filing your complaint online or using the printable form, you must complete, print, sign and mail the complaint form, along with copies (please do NOT send us your originals), of all relevant supporting documentation to the following address:

Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Indiana Attorney General
302 W. Washington St., 5th Floor
Indianapolis, IN 46204

You can also request a complaint form by calling 1.800.382.5516 or 317.232.6330.

Mortgage Fraud Complaint Forms:

Online Complaint Form

Printable Complaint Form

Helpful tips for filing a consumer complaint:

  • A consumer transaction (such as a purchase) must have occurred before our office can investigate a complaint.
  • If you have documents to support your claim, it is important you send copies of them to us. Please do not send original documents.
  • Our office will contact you by mail as your complaint progresses through the process. Please allow adequate time for our office to notify you.
  • You may be referred to another agency. Often another local, state, or federal agency will have the legal authority or more expertise than our office to handle a particular consumer problem.
  • The Attorney General cannot act as your private attorney. It is the responsibility of the Attorney General to protect public interests. In doing so, the Attorney General’s Office may file lawsuits on behalf of the state against companies that violate laws protecting consumers. The Attorney General’s Office cannot represent individual consumers when filing lawsuits nor can the office file a lawsuit whose only purpose is to recover money or property for an individual. In these instances, the consumer should seek legal advice from a private attorney, legal aid society or other organization. The following link provides information on free legal services for low-income and elderly Indiana residents: