The Tobacco Enforcement Section of the Revenue Division promotes the health of Indiana citizens by working to decrease the incidence of youth smoking throughout the state.
The $206 billion Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with the Tobacco Industry has given rise to numerous legal issues which are handled by the Tobacco Enforcement Section.
Primary roles of the Tobacco Enforcement Section include monitoring compliance with the payment provisions in the MSA; enforcing restrictions placed upon the Tobacco Industry in the areas of marketing, advertising, promotions, and sponsorship; working to make current laws dealing with tobacco issues work more effectively; decreasing the incidence of youth smoking; and defending the MSA and other tobacco legislation against court challenges.
Effective August 3, 2009, the Indiana Participating Manufacturer and Non-Participating Manufacturer Directories will include all brand styles certified under the Reduced Ignition Propensity Standards for Cigarettes Act, as well as the brand families certified under the Master Settlement Agreement Protection Act. Brand families which have not been certified under the Reduced Ignition Propensity Standards for Cigarettes Act are highlighted and are eligible for the sell-off provisions of Ind. Code § 22-14-7-19. For additional information, please visit http://www.in.gov/dhs/firesafesmokes.htm. Removals of a brand family will continue to be included in the 30 day notice letters that are sent to Indiana licensed distributors.
Participating Brand Directory - This is a listing of brand styles that may be legally sold in Indiana that participate in the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA).
Non-Participating Brand Directory - This is a listing of brand styles that may be legally sold in Indiana that do not participate in the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA).
- Model Escrow Agreement**
- Annual Certificate of Compliance for Non-Participating Manufacturers**
- Quarterly Certificate of Compliance for Non-Participating Manufacturers**
- Tobacco Manufacturer's Certificate (TMC1)**
- Tobacco Product Manufacturers Information Request Form
- NPM Bond Form
- US Importer Declaration Form
- Distributor's Cigarette Brand Family Monthly Report (CT-19)
Related Links & Documents
Related Indiana Statutes
Tobacco Arbitration Documents
- Timeline of MSA and Arbitration
- Disputed payment amounts - all states
- Indiana Diligent Enforcement Efforts - 2003 sales year
- How MSA settlement payment funds are used
- Arbitration rules
- State Ethics Commission meeting transcript, Jan. 14, 2010
- Arbitration panel's 2013 determination by state for 2003 sales year