Indiana Arts Homecoming
Presented by the Indiana Arts Commission in concert with a statewide steering committee, 2018 marks the second year of this collaborative annual convening of Indiana’s statewide arts community: artists, arts organizations, arts educators and arts supporters which will be held October 18 & 19 at the Arts Campus in Fort Wayne. Centralized around a theme, participants learn field-driven best practices from across the state. This year’s Indiana Arts Homecoming will be combined with the 2018 Governor’s Arts Awards, which will be held at Sweetwater Sound, so it’s truly going to be an epic two days of arts in our state. You won’t want to miss it!
This Year’s Theme: Quality of Place for a Vibrant Indiana
We know the arts are a key ingredient to quality of place, but what does that mean? What does it look like? And, where – from artist to advocate to arts administrator to overall organization – do we start (or make the most impact?) We will explore arts’ expansive role in community development, its intersections with economic development, and its resonating effects for the state.
We need your help (and expertise)!
- Pitch a one-hour session you’ll present. Possible themes could include:
- A great story about how arts and artists are creating vibrancy in community
- Inspiring ways the arts are intersecting with specific (e.g., aging, veteran, special need, minority) communities
- Cool new ways the arts are raising funds
- Creative Placemaking “wins”
- Innovative arts and community partnerships
- Urban planning and design
- Talent attraction and retention
- How the arts are tackling community challenges such as housing, the current addiction crisis, population migration and health care among others
- You can also pitch a session that doesn’t have anything to do with the theme. Bring it! All ideas welcome.
- Propose creative content to present during the convening to the 300+ attendees such as:
- Pop-Ups: interactive artist exhibits, installations, or creative interventions
- Performances: readings, music, dance, spoken word, theater, or other live performance
- Demos/Workshops: hands-on, participatory
- Tours: show off Fort Wayne’s artist spaces, museums, neighborhoods, historic sites, etc.
- Or something else - all ideas welcome!
How to Submit a Proposal
Submitting your Session Content or Creative Content idea is easy! Sign in to our online system and complete a proposal by C.O.B. Tuesday, March 6, 2018. The Steering Committee will review proposals in early March and follow up by late March. Proposals can be from an individual, group, government entity, school, pretty much anyone and everyone! Please note that we reserve the right to accept or decline any or all proposals. We may also request that you adjust your proposal as part of the process.
To suggest a name, idea, or keynote speaker, complete this form. IAC staff will follow up with the nominee.
What does the IAC provide?
All content providers whose proposals are accepted will get a one-day pass for the day they present and will be featured in event materials.
To find out more about what we did last year, see the 2017 Indiana Arts Homecoming program HERE.
2018 Indiana Arts Homecoming Partners
Indiana Arts Homecoming in the Press
- The Artist & Public Art Projects: Voices from the Field (2017 Session Recording)
- Hundreds expected to attend inaugural Indiana Arts Homecoming (IAC Press Release)
- Martinsville Teacher Named Outstanding Art Educator of the Year
- Rev Up Your Engagment Engine with Practical Tools & Best Practices (2017 Session Recording)
- Three hundred attend inaugural Indiana Arts Homecoming (IAC Press Release)