Participants include any artisan who:
- Produces a product or creates arts that can be purchased and taken by, or shipped to, the buyer;
- Creates works/products that contribute to the reputation of the artisan’s business and to the brand development of quality Indiana-made/produced arts and food;
- Desires their art, craft or product to be part of a set of locally produced goods branded as made in Indiana and carried in retail outlets, as well as sold via the Internet;
- Would benefit from entrepreneurial support in the form of education, workshops, and on-site assessment; and/or
- Will participate in locally developed artisan trails promoted to in- and out-of-state travelers interested in place-based arts experiences
Artwork will include, but is not limited to fine art, folk art/crafts, multi-arts, photography, craftwork, woodwork, ceramics, pottery, painting/drawing, sculpture, glasswork, jewelry, papercraft, candles, metal/ironwork, tinware, clothing, furniture, basketry, fiber art, leatherwork, toys/games, graphics and printmaking, home and outdoor accessories, quilt/knit/needlework, musical instruments.
Value-Added Foods/Products will include, but are not limited to jams/jellies, dry mixes, syrups, honey, soaps/lotions, spices, wine, cheese, dried meats/jerky, milk/ice cream, yogurt, noodles, sauces/salsa, beer, bread, pastries and baked goods, candies/chocolate.
Artisans involved in the program may expect:
Access to tailored and relevant entrepreneurial support and technical assistance that will be based on responses to an inventory of artisan needs;
Access to grant funding for business development education and networking opportunities; the endorsement of a statewide brand, and use of the logo in support of their own individual brand;
The opportunity to increase their revenue and market growth through:
The opportunity to develop their studio/place of business into a stand-alone attraction through participation in the trails development promoted to in- and out-of-state travelers interested in place-based arts experiences; and
Collaborative efforts that promote the brand, the trails and the stories of the artisans themselves.
- Internet sales opportunities via the program website and online directory;
- Trade show(s) targeted to retailers interested in purchasing artisan products wholesale;
- Retail displays that will promote the Indiana brand and feature artisan products in existing retail outlets around the state; and
- Participation in artisan trails that will bring the market to the artisan’s studio/place of business for one-on-one direct sales;