Business Entity Report Filing
After a business entity has formed or been granted authority to do business in the state of Indiana, it has an ongoing responsibility to file regular business entity reports. These reports must be filed every year by nonprofit organizations and every two years by for-profit businesses. The filings are due during the anniversary month of the organization's formation or the anniversary month when granted authority to do business in the state of Indiana. As a courtesy the Secretary of State sends a reminder notice of the filing obligation.Online Filing
For-profits (Save up to $10.00 per filing)
$20.00 for IN.gov subscribers or $22.44 for credit card users
Nonprofits (Save up to $5.00 per filing)
$5.00 for IN.gov subscribers or $7.14 for credit card users
- Look up the name of your business entity.
- Once the results for your search criteria appear, click on the name of the appropriate entity.
- The entity information will appear. Scroll down to find a statement indicating whether the entity is past due with Business Entity Reports.
- Scroll down to the box that says File a Business Entity Report Online and click Go.
- Confirm or update the entity's contact information, address, registered agent and address, and officers.
- Follow the instructions to use your IN.gov subscriber account or a Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
- Receive an instant confirmation of your filing, which includes a unique filing number and the date and time of your filing.
- Print a copy of this filing, along with your confirmation number, for your records.