- Indiana Government Center – North, Building-; 100 North Senate Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46204 (at the corner of Senate and Ohio Streets).
- Go to the East end elevators and go to the third floor. Follow arrows to Room 301.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Office is closed on state holidays.
- Office number is (317) 233-5424.
- If an FBI check is needed for other than the National Child Protective Act (NCPA), the individual will need to contact the FBI at (304) 625-5590, or www.fbi.gov.
- The individual will need a full set of fingerprints, which can be obtained by visiting their local police agency or by calling L-1 Identity Solutions at 1-877-472-6917.
- Private adoptions must be done by mail or by going online to www.IN.gov and printing a copy of the full criminal history form.
- Individual will need a full set of fingerprints and a $10.00 money order made out to the State of Indiana.
Expungement of Arrest Record:
- The individual can look under Indiana Code 35-38-5 to find what charges can be expunged.
- The form to petition for expungement of arrest records can be downloaded at the ICPR website http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/index.html.
- Petition must be verified and filed in the court in which charges were filed; if no criminal charges were filed, in a court with criminal jurisdiction in the county where the arrest occurred.
Petition Limited Access (15 years) to Record:
- Indiana Code 35-38-5-5 covers how an individual can petition limited access to limited criminal history.
- Individual can contact at (317) 233-8472 for additional information.
Restricted Access/Restricted Disclosure of Record:
- Indiana Code 35-38-8 covers how an individual can petition for restricted access to conviction records.
- Indiana Code 35-38-5-5.5 covers how an individual can petition for restricted disclosure of arrest records.
- Individual must petition through the court where chargers were filed.
Sexual Registry: www.sexualregistry.com
You can find these different offenders registries on this site.
- Indiana Sexual Offenders
- Sexual Offenders Registry
- FBI-Sexual Offenders
Back to the search page