Skip to content

Indiana Department of Transportation

< Back | Agency Home | Submit Events >

Search events. View events.
  Transportation, Indiana Department of Submit Events
Welcome to the IN.gov Calendar. Please use the Help button to the right for any assistance while using the Calendar.
Click for help in using calendar displays. Print the contents of the current screen.

Advanced Search (New Search)
  From:
  To:

 

 


Submit
Entry Details
Notify me if this event changes.Add this event to my personal calendar.Email this entry to a friend.
Go Back
[INDOT] 2,000th Transit Vehicle Delivered by INDOT
Start Date: 11/7/2013Start Time: 12:00 AM
End Date: 11/7/2013End Time: 11:59 PM
Entry Description

INDOT Delivers 2,000th New Transit Vehicle

 

BRAZIL, Ind. – The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) today turned over the keys for its 2,000th transit vehicle purchased through a federal program that supports transportation for elderly persons and persons with disabilities.

 

A small transit van built by Elkhart Coach in Elkhart and sold through Midwest Transit Equipment in Whitestown was delivered to the Clay County Council on Aged & Aging. The organization provides transportation for the elderly and disabled of Brazil and the surrounding area three days each week.

 

The new van, which is equipped with a wheelchair ramp manufactured by the Braun Corporation in Winamac, has space for eight passengers and up to two wheelchairs. It replaces a 1995 Dodge raised roof van with more than 160,000 miles, which has experienced numerous mechanical failures because of increasing age and mileage.

 

INDOT’s Transit Office administers the federal Section 5310 capital grant program for nonprofit organizations within communities less than 200,000 in population. The $42,000 total cost of the new van was more than double the transportation service’s annual operating budget. Under the Section 5310 program, the organization pays 20 percent of the cost with federal funds covering the remaining 80 percent.

 

More information about INDOT’s transit programs and the 66 transit systems operating in Indiana is available within INDOT’s Transit Annual Report at www.in.gov/indot/2826.htm. Photos of today’s ceremony may be viewed on the INDOT West Central Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1fmZGCa.

INDOT turn over the keys to Board President Joe Wilson
Entry Type:
Press Release
Entry Category:
  • Announcements
  • IN.gov Category:
  • Tourism & Transportation
  • Agency Name
    Transportation, Indiana Department of

    Calendar software powered by Active Data Calendar   
    Select item(s) to Search








    Select item(s) to Search
    Select item(s) to Search

    Select item(s) to Search