Utility Pages > Structure and Navigation > Footer Reference > FAQs > High School Seniors FAQs

Complete your understanding of the 21st Century Scholars Program with the detailed questions and answers below. Answers to more specific questions are always available by calling the Scholars Helpline at 1-888-528-4719 or by emailing Scholars@che.IN.gov.

1. Can I receive the Scholarship if I earn a GED, Indiana High School Equivalency Certificate, or complete a home schooling program?

No. If you earn a GED, Indiana High School Equivalency Certificate, or complete a home schooling program you are not eligible to receive the 21st Century Scholarship. You must graduate with a diploma from an eligible high school recognized by the Indiana Department of Education (as agreed to in the Scholar Pledge).

2. Are there any forms I need to complete as a high school senior?

Yes. As a senior in high school, you need to complete an Affirmation Form and a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Both the Affirmation Form and the FAFSA must be completed and submitted by the state deadline of March 10.

3. Are there any activities or events that I am required to attend as a high school senior enrolled in the 21st Century Scholars Program?

There will be various activities and events offered to high school students enrolled in the program that are strongly encouraged, and some will be mandatory. Check the events calendar on the Scholars homepage for events in your community, and be sure to read your email and check for mail from the 21st Century Scholars Program.

4. As a 21st Century Scholar, must I achieve a certain Grade Point Average (GPA) in high school?

21st Century Scholars must meet a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement to receive the 21st Century Scholarship.

Beginning with the graduating high school class of 2015, students must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale when they graduate in order to receive the Scholarship.

5. I am a current high school senior. If I fail a course in high school, causing my GPA to fall below 2.0 (or 2.5) for a semester, will I lose the scholarship?

The Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement depends only on your cumulative (overall) GPA when you graduate from high school. If your GPA falls below 2.5 during your senior year, you will still qualify for the Scholarship if you bring your GPA up to at least 2.5 by the time you graduate. The 21st Century Scholars program receives preliminary GPA information from your high school after the fall semester of your senior year. If your GPA is below 2.5 at the end of your fall term, but you raise it to 2.5 or above by graduation, work with your school counselor to make sure your final GPA is reported to the state or contact the program directly at 1-888-528-4719 or email scholars@che.in.gov.

6. I believe I may have broken the Scholar Pledge. Is it my responsibility to report this potential pledge violation to the Program?

Yes. It is the responsibility of a Scholar student and/or his/her parent to report potential pledge violations to the program, as soon as they become aware of the violation.
Potential pledge violations should be reported to:

21st Century Scholars
402 West Washington Street, Room W462
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Reports should include the full name of the Scholar, a description of the potential violation and an original signature of the person making the report.

Back to Top