The greatest asset of the 21st Century Scholars Program are the Scholars themselves! With this in mind, the 21stCentury Scholars State Ambassador Program was launched during the spring 2013 semester. Its purpose is to recruit 21st Century Scholars to be
volunteers and train them to support other Scholars in the program.
This fall, the 21st Century Scholars State Ambassador Program will recruit college 21st Century Scholars volunteers to be trained as college tour leaders, peer mentors and tutors for fellow Scholars. In order to become a 21st Century College Scholars State Ambassador, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at an eligible Indiana college or university
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Be able to interact with peers and youth from diverse backgrounds
- Possess excellent communication skills and enthusiasm
- Submit an Ambassador application by the designated deadline
- Submit a background check form
- Complete the required interview process
We are only accepting applications from scholars enrolled at colleges/universities that have ScholarCorps AmeriCorps programs. Click here to see if your college/university is a current ScholarCorps AmeriCorps host site program and you are eligible to apply.
To apply, please complete the on-line application. For questions, please contact Scholars@che.in.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of being a College Ambassador?
- Ambassadors gain meaningful leadership and volunteer experience.
- Ability to address a state-wide need promoting civic leadership and student success.
- Professional development and networking opportunities.
- Reimbursement for travel.
2: How many Ambassadors will be selected?
There will be a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 scholars selected for Ambassadors from each college/university that serves as a host of a 21st Century ScholarCorps Member.
3. Will I be required to conduct a Background Check?
All Ambassadors will be required to conduct a state background check as part of the application process. Background checks will be conducted following the in person interview.
4. What if my college/university does not have a 21st Century ScholarCorps Member?
At this time we are only conducting ambassador interviews for scholars enrolled at colleges/universities that have ScholarCorps members. Please check back with www.scholars.in.gov for updates on the Ambassador program and the potential of serving as an Alumni Ambassador.
5. What if my college/university already has an established 21st Century Scholars student organization?
All Scholars are encouraged to take advantage of all on campus support. However, the 21st Century Scholars Ambassador Program is a state-initiative in which scholars are selected through an application process. Involvement in on campus scholar support programs could enhance your Scholar Ambassador application.
6. I am already serving as a student leader with the 21st Century Scholars support office on my campus. Can I still serve as an Ambassador?
Yes. However, you must complete the required Scholar Ambassador application and background check for the state ambassador program.