Before you apply online, make sure you have the following:
- Student’s Social Security Number, date of birth and address
- Parent or guardian’s Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, if applicable
- Previous year gross income amounts for all members of the household (Example: if you are applying December 31, 2014, use 2013 amounts. If you are applying January 1, 2015, use 2014 amounts.)
- A valid email address. Free email addresses are available at yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com and live.com.
During the application process, you will:
- Answer pre-enrollment questions
- Enter student contact information (address, phone, email, school information and SSN)
- Agree to the 21st Century Scholar Pledge
- Enter income information for parent or guardian
- Review and submit application.
You will also receive an email with an application summary and program enrollment information after the application is received.
All applications to the 21st Century Scholars program must be submitted before June 30 of the eligible student’s 8th eighth-grade year. Double check that you have everything you need with the Scholar application checklist, and then apply online.
Apply through a Local School or Community Organization
Some students may not have access to the online application at home or another convenient location. School counselors and local community organizations may agree to submit an online application on behalf of a student using the official Scholar Enrollment Worksheet (English | Spanish).
NOTE TO SCHOLARS: Check with your school first to make sure they are able to submit an application on your behalf.